Monday 16 January 2012

Just Testing

I have been trying to get this Blog started for a few weeks  now and decided just to post my goals for the coming year.
Last year I started crocheting and patchwork quilting. It seems to have gone well and some of my work can be seen at www.craftsy.com  - Member's Name: Essoblu
This year I want to take the crocheting and patchworking further. I am currently making a 'Heart' Lap quilt for my sister - in - law's 50th birthday. She is coming to visit from Australia at the end of the month. I decided to make the quilt at the beginning of the month. ( Not much room for error). I should share with you that I have never made a quilt before. Oh! and I don't have a pattern either.
You have got to love a challenge!
I emailed my niece to check her favourite colour. Purple. Okay. So then I had the bright idea to use a jelly roll as it will limit cutting time.



Simplifying the pattern design to make it idiot proof for myself I cut 2 1/2 inch squares in purple card. Once I was happy with it I marked each piece in place so that I could move it around without having to make it up again. I realise there are better ways of designing but sometimes my brain just needs the concrete shapes to work with.
The background was difficult as I couldn't decided on a colour. Cream looked too pale. Yellow was too bright. So a mix of three or four variations of the two might work. Have a look at you can judge.

So this is the stage I am at now. I suppose I should go and do some sewing.



1 comment: